Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Thief (#2)

Unfortunately, there is a beauty stealer. 

He is called the father of lies. 
Fortunately, this theif and his cohorts have never been powerful enough to actually rob beauty from anything.



Instead they must resort to perverting beauty: 
love turned to lust, passion to bigotry and hatred, a beloved child into a lonely soul, cascading waterfalls into sewer drains and mountains into smokestacks. 

All this is done through the eye of the beholder, 
by distorting our vision.


I feel compelled to add what God spoke to me one day while reading Genesis Chapter 3:

God showed me that one of the first things Satan will do is question God's word and/or his promises. The only way to know that this is taking place is to know God's word, and His voice.
Father, teach me your word. Immerse me in it.


A second method of the Thief is to make exagerations. In the garden he exaggerates the issue to include all of the fruit. Today, he says that Christianity takes all of the fun out of life, takes away all of the freedom. Can't we see where this is going? This is again a case where I need to know God's word, but it means even more here to know His voice; His personal words to me (and you).
Father, teach me to hear your voice, to record your words and never let them depart from me.


The final method given in Genesis 3 is that Satan distorts the character of God. Satan portrays God as a liar, and selfish (things that He may be currently thought of as well). For this, I do need His written word and His personal word, but most important here are my personal experiences with Him.
Experiences are a large part of any relationship and that applies to God too.
Father, I lean on you knowing that you have never failed me, or left me, and that you love me and have shown your love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment