Monday, June 13, 2011

More to Life

Have you ever gotten that feeling that somehow, at some point in your life, that the wool has been pulled over your eyes? When you think back to your childhood you remember the dreams, the passions and the love you had for life; but where has it all gone? Does being a mature adult mean getting too caught up in the day's activities to dream bigger? Does becoming a "grown-up", that ever admired position in a child's eyes, mean becoming more focused on doing your duty and putting your job before your family? If that's the case then America's grown-ups are doing a great job.  If America's collective childhood dream was to become a nation filled with divorce, greed, hypocrisy, and a strong perversion of love and beauty, then bravo! Congratulations America, you've done it! You've worked hard, thought selfishly, and looked out for number one through and through and look at you now. Well aren't we proud...


theres more than this...

But there it is again...that lonely, quiet, broken and battered voice. That voice that has been stuffed down, shut up, put off, and insulted. That voice, no matter what it says, leaves you with one single, lingering thought...


That maybe, just maybe, there is something that you've been missing out on...

1 comment:

  1. The thist I have, the dream I dream is for the eden taken away! I desire to walk in the garden where God joins me and see everything through His eyes. But now I see - as it is said - through a glass dimly. I pray that the dimness never becomes real and the dullness never sets in. I pray I stay sharp and clear in my vision of Him - the one who will take me to eden where I belong!

    ReplyDelete