Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Heart Cry



God, these are the thing my heart longs for:  
(hear my cry)
To know you more everyday and never fall back into only knowing about you;  
To be broken over injustice of any kind and over any kind of sin in my life;
To be joined in a community of believers who are fully (heart and soul, as David's armor bearer) committed to each other, and to be a part of leading that community;
To be joined in relationship with my future wife in a way that most fully acts out the love of Christ for His people;
To be used greatly in the radical life change of others around the world; 
To impact the world and unite the body to do the same;
To be humble above all else in service and in everything I do;
To lead a family who's only objective is bringing God glory by whatever means necessary;
To live a life that draws the questioner closer, not pushing the back into darkness;
To create a home environment that is welcoming although maybe not pretty,
and
To give--no, not just give--to EXPLODE with extravagant SACRIFICE for family, community, neighborhood, church, the lost, and the kingdom all for God's glory:
To give of myself as God constantly and eternally gives of Himself. 
  Hear my cry, Have your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment