Thursday, March 1, 2012

Being Filled (#6)

Finally.
We have gone through identifying the foul spirit,
rebuking it in the power and authority that we have been given in Jesus,
searching for agreements and destroying them in that same power.
Now,
the best part is that we can ask God to fill us!
Like I said last time (wow that was a long time ago), God wants to heal us!
He wants us to have joy!

Can you just stop reading and accept that for a second?
God wants you to experience JOY!


"This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Psalm 118:24 (ESV)


So what do we ask God to fill us with?
Some things, I believe, we should ask for in every situation:

Joy
Healing

After these two you can become more specific.
If you're being attacked by pride it would be natural for you to ask to be filled with humility.
I always like to add a verse if I can as well.  Here's an example for humility:

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand 
of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you."
1 Peter 5:6 (ESV)

If not humility, then asking to be filled with the fruit of the Spirit is another great direction:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, 
kindness, goodness, faithfulness gentleness, self-control."
Galatians 5:22+23 (ESV)


I am careful not to omit this part of the process.
Jesus tells us the following story:

"'When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, but finds none. Then it says, "I will return to my house from which I came." And when it comes, it finds the house empty, swept, and put in order Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and dwell there, and the last state of that person is worse than the first.'"
Matthew 12:43-45


Did you notice that the house was left empty?
That is exactly why asking to be filled is ESSENTIAL.
Without this, we leave ourselves empty.
Clean, but still empty.


Again, this process is also about healing. I need this experience of God healing all of the torn flesh that has been left behind as a result of the attack; like the aftermath of a lion with a hunger for blood. 

Father, come into this situation. Fill me with your love that I may give it out and heal the wounds that I have incurred during this battle. My joy comes from You. Renew my joy, speak your joy over me. Wash me with your blood, Jesus, and sing your promises over me. I surrender my life to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment